Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Utah Bridal Shower

The Utah reception was so much fun! A lot of my family was able to come and a unique blend of friends...friends from Wyoming, friends from California, friends from college, friends from after college, friends of Jeff and I's. It was truly a great afternoon!


Ali, Brittney (my maid of honor and bridesmaid) and I got to my mom's house in Herriman early to set up everything. Ali prepared the most amazing food!!!! We had chicken sandwiches, rice salad, and fruit salad among other things.



The theme for the shower was "Brunch at Tiffany's" and we did everything in Tiffany's blue. The cupcakes...lemon with cream cheese frosting were DIVINE! Even the little thank you's were adorable. I can't thank Ali enough for all the hard work she put in to the shower. It was amazing!



My favorite part of the whole shower was little Aiden. She is my cousin's little girl. She loved the zebra skin rug in my mom's office. She just sat there petting it.


But the best part was she helped me open my presents. Carly would pull a bag in front of me and Aiden would start throwing tissue paper over her shoulder. She even tried to help me lift out the big boxes! Such a sweetie!

5 comments:

  1. it was so fun! Aiden is SUCH a cutie. i love kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything was GORGEOUS, i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really was a beautiful shower! I am so glad we could be there! We are so excited for you guys! I am so glad you enjoyed all of the "help" from Aiden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad that I missed both showers and now your wedding. But I love your mom's kitchen and wow the food sounds amazing. I am glad that you had a great shower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dakota, i heard you got married. :) just wanted to say congrats! -Sam

    ReplyDelete