Last week when I went to make my grocery list it suddenly hit me that I had to shop for two! I didn't make real dinners pre-marriage...just put two and two together and knew I would be full. Nothing like the home cooked meals that mom makes.
So I went through a couple recipe books and found about 5 recipes for the week that I thought I could easily make for Jeff. Some went well, others just not that great. Well then Sunday night...I sort of invented my own.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas
I made the "filling" in the crock pot. Just put everything in and cooked on low for 6 hours.Two Chicken Breast
1/2 large can of enchilada sauce
small can of corn
1/2 can of black beans
Then pull the chicken apart and cook for at least another hour. I used the tongs to pull out the chicken and put into tortillas that you then roll.

Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top and cover with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. (When I put them in the oven I realized that maybe I should have put cheese inside as well - but they were still delicious regardless)

yum! i would contribute some recipes! i dont hold them a secret :)
ReplyDeleteI don't have a ton of recipes but I'm willing to share! I'm a crock pot lover- easy cooking or no one gets fed. It should be like a once a week recipe that everyone has to try and then report back on. PS your enchiladas look delish.
ReplyDeleteI am game:-) I love getting fast, easy, yummy recipes!! And i agree with Randi, your enchiladas are making my mouth water.
ReplyDelete