January 2 Jeff's wonderful mom, Kathy, put on a bridal shower for me in Pleasanton. It was quite the event:
When I got to California she had sample boxes of the different chicken salads for me to try. I picked this delicious poppyseed and grape chicken salad...that I can't find anywhere out here in UT (of course). We also had a great spinach salad and some other fun treats as well.
There was such a great mixture of people. Jeff's family all came - some I hadn't met. Then all of the Inseparable 5 were there except Dani (we missed you girl). I think the best part of it all was that the Inseparable 5's moms all came. I really enjoyed seeing them and reminiscing about all the times we spent at each house throughout high school! There was also a good mix of friends that I had met through Jeff.

I had a lot of presents to open. Oh how much I love getting new things for the kitchen!!! It really makes me happy...which used to be weird when I was single, but now is apparently normal for a bride. Thank you to everyone who came for their thoughtfulness!
Jeff's mom did a game on how well Jeff and I knew each other. We got every single question right except for one - our song...which technically we don't have one so it really shouldn't count as wrong. Rae Huseman (Steve's mom) did a game about being the "perfect wife". The questions were for the ideal wife back in the 1950's. They really were absurd!
My best friend in the whole wide world was able home from Paris for break. She had everyone play Present Bingo while I was opening presents to see if they could guess what I was going to get. Randi also did a game...I was super apprehensive about but looking back on the pictures it truly was funny.
I had to pick the person in the room I trusted the most...I chose ashley of course. Then Randi gave Ash a bag of "wedding makeup" that was truly 80's in style. Ash had to feel my face and apply the makeup. It was so funny just knowing Ashley that I was laughing tears. Well this is what it came out as:
Brave girl. I know.
apprehensive? more like a mixture between terrified and mortified. it was a great shower and you're going to be a beautiful bride. soon!
ReplyDeleteMy mom said the shower was a lot of fun and she loved seeing everyone. It looked like you had lots of fun
ReplyDelete