Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Aria's First Birthday

Ok so I'm only like 45 days late in posting this but as some of you know my life has been a mess for the past couple months. I'll post on that later.

Aria's 1st Birthday was a blast. We threw a big party for her here at the house with as many friends and family as we could pack in. I am so grateful to everyone who came. She really did enjoy her big day. Here are some pics from the Big 1!


On her actual birthday, Wednesday, she had cupcakes at daycare and all of the little kids sang to her. She kept squealing because she was so happy but they also told me she was giving everyone dirty looks because she thought they were going to steal her cupcake. We had a cupcake for her at home and got both sets of grandparents on the phone so everyone could sing to her at once. As you can tell she enjoyed the chocolate frosting more than the cupcake.
 I decked out the house with all things yellow, pink and teal. It took forever to decide on colors, but once I found her invitation I just pulled all of the colors off of that. Aria got a pinwheel for Easter and she wouldn't put it down so I decided to decorate her party with all-things-pinwheel. I ended up making about 55 pinwheels by hand...and I'm a little sad I didn't take more pictures of them.
 The cake for the guests was a giant 12in round cake from Sweet Tooth Fairy. They frosted it and we took care of the rest of the decorations.
Aria's cake was perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything better. The cake was pretty big tho so she just had a slice to dive in to. It took about 10 minutes for her to realize I wasn't going to freak out when she got dirty (always makes me jump a little when she rubs food in her hair during dinner).

 She had a blast opening all of her presents...especially the ones with paper in them. She would rip it out and throw it backwards over her shoulder. SOOO CUTE!!
Luckily her favorite present was from her mommy and daddy. We got her a miniature play set with a baby swing and a slide. To say she loves it would be an understatement. She is always pointing/screaming for me to take her outside and sit on it. She is just now starting to figure out how to climb up by herself but once she gets up....its smiles and squeals non-stop.

Birthday stats:
8 teeth - 4 on top and 4 on bottom.
Favorite Food: hot dogs
Favorite Color: red
Favorite Activity: dancing
She rocks her stunner shades at night and during the day
She calls EVERYTHING "mama" but yells it at me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment