Friday, January 25, 2013

Kitchen Pt 1

The room focus of the Home Organization Diet for January is the kitchen. I knew that I had a lot of work to do because there are so many spots that I don't have any love for. I decided to first focus on the drawers and under the sink. Everything is just thrown in their and it makes me sad when I open them. Here are the before pics:
Baking supplies
 Standard Kitchen Tools
 Under the Sink (Disaster Zone)

I decided only a heavy duty lifter would work so I went to the Container Store website (dumb Utah doesn't have an actual store that I can envelop myself in for organization comfort). Well I found a basic drawer separator...its pretty cool - just springs into place. I separated the tools by size (although I wanted to go further and organize by color but had to remember...baby steps). This is the end result for the drawers.

 Note to the readers: the colorful peelers you see are Williams Sonoma and they are magical...get some.

For under the sink I went back to the Container store and found a sliding basket that I could secure to the cabinet and pull out when I went looking for things in the back. This is now housing all of the kitchen cleaning supplies, bottle cleaners, dog shampoo and sponges. I <3 it="" p="">
Tomorrow I will be tackling a deep clean of the oven, microwave, dishwasher, sink, and refrigerator. I've found lots of good scrubbing fixes on Pintrest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment