Friday, September 14, 2012

Twenty Six

Happy Birthday to Me!

As many of you know, being an only child, long ago, was instituted the birthday week. All week long we celebrate with birthday festivities and cake. It has all worked seemingly well until this year. Twenty six. It feels...odd. Not exciting, not scary, not fun, but not boring. Its just there.

At twenty six I feel like I'm in a good place. I have a beautiful little girl, I got married in the temple to the love of my life, I own a home, I've been in a job I really like for over 4 years, and I'm working on my master's degree. It seems that somehow, everything has just come together.

I think a birthday is a good time to reflect on things you've done, things you wish you could have done different or better. For me, I'm good where I'm at. I'm excited for things to come.

This birthday was low key and I liked it. My little girl actually woke up to love on me before work, blasted some Destiny's Child on the way to work, had people sing to me and wish me a many happy of birthdays at work (some were forced...its ok), and came home to a sweet husband that let have french toast for dinner!! Thank you to everyone who made this birthday special to me.


1 comment:

  1. Love this post and so glad you're getting old (like me) and feeling fulfilled with life! It's a beautiful thing. Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete