Sunday, August 5, 2012

Aria's Baby Blessing

I know this post in about a month delayed...but we've been busy!

Aria was blessed on July 1 and it was really one of the most special days I will ever remember. Her dad had been preparing all week and was so nervous about giving the blessing in front of the whole ward...in fact he looked exactly like he did right before he proposed.

I had been out shopping for a dress all week, but nothing stood out to me. They all sort of looked like mini-wedding dresses which was not the look I was really going for. Finally, on the morning of the blessing, my mom found my blessing dress tucked away in some secret hiding place. It was perfect!
 Jeff gave Aria the most beautiful blessing. It was hard not to cry. He even got his best friend, Steve, to tear up a little. What a spiritual moment!

After the blessing, we invited everyone that came (about 35 people!!!) over to the house to hang out and have some food. We were pretty bad about taking pictures of everyone but Kathy, Jeff's mom, got some good pictures of the Pleasanton crew.


The food ended up being FANTASTIC. I made appetizers and desserts. My favorite appetizer was  cucumber cups filled with poppy seed chicken salad (the whole foods recipe). And my favorite dessert was oreos dipped in pink chocolate.


Overall, it was an amazing day! Such a great experience for our little family of 3.

2 comments:

  1. aw, cute dress and cute family! how fun that you are going through all of this!

    ReplyDelete