I was starting to panic that we still hadn't decided on anything for the baby. On Saturday, the madre stepped in and we got it all kicked off. I wanted to show her the furniture choices that Jeff and I had narrowed down. When we got to the store, the one both of us really liked was on sale. You know the Christensen's can never resist a good sale. Baby C now has a full set of furniture!!
And it turned out that the mattress was on sale too...Such a good day! A HUGE thanks is due to my parents and Jeff's parents for offering to pay for the baby's furniture. We really appreciate it!
So cute! Great structure, you won't get sick of it and want to rebuy for subsequent children. Multiple subsequent children. I think you should have 19.
ReplyDeleteDakota- So excited for your little lady! Baby girls are the best (of course, having 2, I'm a little biased). I just wanted to tell you that I banked Piper's cord blood, and so I did a ton of research before doing it. I wanted to do Peyton's, too, but she came so early, I didn't have my kit. We don't have any family history of any blood cell diseases, which is the primary use for cord blood, but they are discovering new uses for it all the time. Also, it can be used not only for that child and her siblings, but parents and grandparents can even use it (obviously only if they are a match). So I ended up biting the bullet and doing it. I went with CBR, because it's the largest, oldest, and most reputable of the banks. I didn't want something that was a couple hundred dollars cheaper, but would maybe not be as good, or that ends up going out of business in 5 years. It's a little expensive up front, but if you pay in full, you get a discount, and the yearly storage isn't that bad- I think it's just over $100 a year. They are doing a discount right now- $350 off the collection fee if you sign up before the end of the month. You can also combine this with the "pay in full" discount. I've actually never seen them go as high as $350 off, so it's a pretty good deal. If you don't do it before the end of the month, you can still take $250 off, by having a referral from someone who is already registered [me]. If you call them, tell them my name and that I live in Portland, OR and they'll be able to link us up so you get the discount. Anyway, it's worth looking into. I am really glad I did it. It gives me such peace of mind. Better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully I never have to use it, but if I do, then I have a little advantage over whatever sickness my kid has. Ok, hopefully my opinion gives you something to think about. Good luck! I'm so excited for you. Here's my link http://cordblood.com/infokit/referral.asp?contactid=1-UJ4J0X Their number is 888-932-6568. They are really good about no-pressure conversations, and not bugging you.
ReplyDeleteLove the furniture. Her room is going to be so cute. Can't wait to see pictures
ReplyDelete