This year was a first for us. Jeff and I's first Thanksgiving together and Jeff's first Thanksgiving away from his family. It was really fun though.
Wednesday Night - We went up after work and stayed over at my parents' house. I wanted to be there so I could get up in the morning, help cook, and (of course) watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Its the only parade I really watch because of all the awesome performances and SANTA!!!
Thursday - We had everything done by noon so my mom and I decided to get out all the Christmas decorations so we would be ready to start decorating after dinner. We also divided out everything that she had accumulated for me over the years to decorate my own house with. At the same time, Jeff was watching the dog show that is always on after the parade. We are trying to pick out just the right dog for when we get a house. Any suggestions???
We ate dinner around 4 then got ready to go see HP7!!!!! It was AWESOME!!! I can't wait for the next one to come out. My brother came to join us for the movie which was fun to catch up a little bit.
Friday - My alarm went off every 5 minutes starting at 3:30am...I reset it at 4 to go off at 5:30. Finally I decided to get up and see what stores I could hit. Jeff claimed he was going to go with me but he didn't even move. I hit up Staples, JCPenneys, Michael's and Macy's and was home by 8:30am. I got some pretty amazing deals and I was totally proud of myself. There must have been some sort of adreline because I was speed walking everywhere then crashed when I got back home.
Saturday Night - My parents took us to the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. We had fairly good seats right on the side of the stage. The dancers were completely in sync and I'm pretty sure they must have some sort of height requirement. Here are some videos I took from the show.



Hey there! I was so excited to see your update! Good job on the Black Friday deals- I went out and ended up with 2 movies. Not very successful. I love the pictures of your house! It's darling. And I am SO jealous that you got to see the Rockettes. I always wanted to be one, and now that I am grown up and realistic, I've changed my dream to just wanting to see them. They do have a height requirement. 5'7-5'11. And the way they are in formation is always tallest in the center and shorter ones on the ends- and they wear different sized heels depending on their height to make them look uniform. I told you I used to want to be one. Also, the absolute best dog you could ever get is a weimaraner. Read any of my posts because my Tinky is in almost every single one. I've had dogs literally my whole life and she is on another level of awesome. But of course, I am a little biased.
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! Loved the update! My little brother just got an pure bred American Bulldog, she is SUPER smart and really obedient. I'm jealous you saw the Rockettes, ahh how fuN!! Miss yoU!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a blast! I am so jealous!
ReplyDeleteI have heard from two of my friends that have shih tzu's that they are awesome dogs and so easy and sweet. good luck!