I can't believe that four weeks have passed already. It is amazing to watch this little girl grow everyday. I'm getting excited because we have to change diaper sizes and all of her newborn clothes are getting a little tight. I realized I've neglected the blog and all of you who haven't had the chance to meet Aria in person - so here's a look back at the past 4 weeks.
Week 1 was dominated by sleeping, feeding, and learning how to care for a newborn. My recovery went really well so I was eager to figure everything out right away. We had both families here and it was sooooo nice. This week was also dominated by trips to the outpatient lab to get Aria's biliruben tested. She was pretty yellow and every day the level seemed to climb. By day 6, the doctor decided she needed to be on a bili-bed as much as possible so the special lights could help her levels go down. She took to the bed like a champ.
Week 2 went by with more testing for the biliruben and luckily it went down! After almost three days on the bili-bed the doctor said it was ok for her to be done. We had her two week check up and the doc said she was doing great. Her weight was up just over a pound from birth at 8lbs 4oz.
Week 3 was much of the same. We started getting into a schedule of feedings every three hours. She started taking 3 oz bottles and was sleeping about 4 hours in between feedings at night. Jeff and I were on our own and although it was a little scary, everything just worked out. We've gotten into a pretty good pattern for our little family.
Today Aria is 4 weeks old. She has been doing great! On Friday, Jeff and I decided it was ok to take her out and we went to Chili's for dinner. It felt soooo nice to be out of the house. Outside time seems to be critical for my sanity these days. Saturday night my mom came to babysit and we went to the movies. It was VERY strange to be out without our little bundle but we enjoyed ourselves. Sunday we felt like it was time to get back to church. Aria got all dressed up and I loved it.





So precious!
ReplyDeleteNew parents! I love hearing about everything. She is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteshe is SO CUTE. i need to come kiss her little cheeks! glad to hear her biliruben levels went back to normal relatively fast. (bella was the same way, and it just makes you a little nervous while its happening.) keep the updates coming!
ReplyDeleteShe's so beautiful! I love her hair bows, so girly!
ReplyDelete