Sunday, March 27, 2011

Oakland A's Spring Training

Last weekend Jeff's family took us to Spring Training in Phoenix, AZ. It is sort of a tradition for them every year, and I can't say I'm not pumped about it...but probably not for baseball.

In attendance were Kathy and Tony, Nick and Rachael, and Jeff's aunt and uncle, Nancy and Dick. We had a blast! To give you a brief taste of the glory...

Day 1 - Car temperature reading: 87 degrees
We flew into Phoenix about noon. It was perfect and I decided immediately I should live there. I phoned my mom to let her know we would not be returning. The game wasn't so hot but everyone is trying to block that from memory.

Friday and Saturday - A's vs SOX
Sunday - A's vs Diamondbacks

To sum up the experience, it was amazing weather. I got to have a hot dog...which always seems better at at baseball game. I wore a sundress and flipflops in March and I was even please with a slight sunburn where my SPF55 missed. Here are some pictures to share in the wonderment:





This is the owner of the A's. He said he would take the picture if we promised not to get the scoreboard in the background.



On Day 2, apparently it is a tradition to paint your hair green. Uncle Dick got in the spirit!
I sadly (:-D) could not since I just put the blonde back in my hair 2 days earlier.
 


But the boys attracted a lot of attention.

In sum, FYI I left my heart in Phoenix and I am currently plotting ways to return permanently...any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment