So I've taken a week to recover (one from tiredness and two from the nasty cold we both got on the way home). Our official honeymoon was a wonderful week touring the Southern Caribbean - Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, and St. Croix. Surprisingly, the week didn't go by too fast like most vacation seem to.
Friday night we took a ridiculously long flight and by the time we got to Puerto Rico on Saturday afternoon, we were hungry and tired. We got some food and then crashed early. The next day we got up and walked around Old Town San Juan. The building were so cool and colorful! And it was incredibly humid. I learned quickly that long, straight hair and even light makeup do not mesh with the Caribbean lifestyle.
We got on the boat early, and took a little tour around. There was a rock climbing wall, 3 pools, and LOTS of places to get some good eats. This was the view from the top enclosed floor looking through the center of the ship called the Centrum.
Our first stop on the boat was in Barbados
We took an excursion that day called, Swimmings with the Turtles. The guides took us to this little bay on the other side of the island where the turtles hang out. They had some food for them and got them all excited for us to come see them. They came so close to us, I got to touch them a couple times.
We also went to another bay, before heading back to the ship, that had a shipwreck in it. As we were swimming around...I was looking for Jeff when I saw this light blue see-through thing that was about a foot long floating next to me. I freaked out a little and swam away quickly to tell the guide that I saw a jelly fish. He told me I probably didn't and Jeff didn't believe me either. When we got back on the boat another girl had been stung down her back....seems I may have truly seen a little blue jellyfish floating about a foot from my face!!! We had so much fun that day in the water!
The next day we stopped in St. Lucia.
Our excursion for the day was going zip lining through the rainforest. Once we got up there it was beautiful. I could see little lizards climbing on the trees. Then the monsoon started. It was INTENSE!!
We got all suited up to go, even in the rain. We got through about 5 lines before they had to close it down because the storm was so bad the bamboo was falling on the lower lines.
The next day we were in Antigua. It was not too exciting. We got off the boat for about an hour to go shopping then came right back and I laid by the pool while Jeff played in a soccer tournament.
That night was the midnight buffet. This is my favorite picture...
The next day we were in St. Maarten. This was by far, my most favorite island. We took a jeep safari trip around the whole island.
It was "follow the leader" around the island. We went to two different beaches and stopped for some shopping on the French side (opposed to the Dutch side where we were docked). I got pretty sunburned sitting in that Jeep all day.
The final day in St. Croix was another relaxing day. We just soaked up some sun and toured around the island.
That night back on the ship we entered in a gameshow called "The Quest" with all of our tablemates from dinner...who were awesome by the way. Well turns out my husband is quitr the player and with the age range on our team...we WON out of 22 other teams!!! (The guy in the bra is a cruise director)
Overall the trip was awesome. It was so great to be away with the hubby and just enjoy spending time together. More pics are posted on facebook.














aw it looks like you guys had a blast!! nice job on winning the quest, thats impressive! i LOVE royal caribbean!
ReplyDeleteI am so unbelievably jealous right now I can't stand it. I asked Chad to go on a cruise lat night when I was looking at your pictures, everything looks sooo amazing! Glad you guys had such a fantastic time :) I already told you this but we should do a couples trip! Mediterranean cruise??
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!!! And I am very jealous! If only I wasn't growing a baby. ha ha. But I am so glad that you guys had a great time, you deserved it!
ReplyDelete