I wanted in on the fun so I convinced some of my friends to join us. We got to the temple about 2 hours early which was perfect because we got a prime spot on the grass right in the middle of where the action was going to be.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Holi Festival
The Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork/Salem holds the festival of colors every year in March. For the past couple years I have seen friends or random people around Provo covered in all different colors and gushing about how amazing this event was.
While we were soaking up the sun (blessed almost 60 degree day) we started to get bored.

When the final countdown had started, Jeff and Scott had already gone through one bag each! Dumping it on anyone that walked by who looked "clean". When the color celebration starts everyone is supposed to throw the color straight up in the air and it supposedly looks really cool from the outside. However, from the inside its a giant cloud that you can only see in a 4 feet radius. When the dust settled this is what we looked like.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This looks so fun! I'm glad you finally went. Cute pictures :)
ReplyDeletei bet your shower water was beautiful :) i gotta go to that one of these years.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a lot of fun! I tried to talk my husband into trying the festival out before we leave Provo next spring, but he's not too interested. It's fun to see that you have a blog! If you want an invite to read mine, send me the best e-mail address to reach you through Facebook.
ReplyDeletehow fun!! I wanted to go but being a hair stylist means you never get Saturday's off :P looks like you guys had a blast!
ReplyDeleteAww I found your darling blog. You and Jeff look great. Festival of colors is my favorite.
ReplyDelete